markdown and vim

Chris Lott chris at chrislott.org
Tue Nov 22 11:56:22 EST 2011

@David - Thanks for the advice on vim-pandoc and how I might enrich
the vim approach. I hadn't even thought of that! I think the main
vim-markdown syntax is based on the HTML syntax in some way, which
might explain the strangeness.

@Christian - I'm glad you like Notepad. You are real Computing Man.
You probably write your text while hunting big game and squeezing
carbon into diamonds. I don't hope to compete with you. I'm surprised
you don't use edlin or maybe echo XX >> filename. Myself, I like the
productivity gains of shortcuts for common tasks and a quicker "at a
glance" assessment for skimming and moving around text.

Chris Lott