Spaced text (from Digest)

Boris Le Ninivin boris.leninivin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:27:20 EDT 2012

On 8/18/2012 3:22 PM, Andy Lee wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2012, at 8:42 AM, Boris Le Ninivin<boris.leninivin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is not an issue about markdown, but about Apple software. You should write to Apple developers to ask them why they added some bugs (seriously, is it supposed to be a FEATURE?!) in their code. If I want a full stop, I type a full stop. If I want two spaces, I type two spaces.

> Yes, seriously, it is supposed to be a feature. There's plenty of precedent for text editors that perform automatic substitution, as a convenience (smart quotes, fractions, etc.). Almost always it's a configurable feature, because this is an area where one person's convenience is often another person's PITA. Nothing surprising here; I don't see why you're so shocked.

>> Oh and while you're at it, ask them to remove all their sh**y DRM they fancy everywhere in their products.

> Irrelevant flamebait.

>> Btw, there are a LOT of mobile devices that do NOT run on Apple software.

> Irrelevant flamebait.

> --Andy

Sir, consider everything as flamebait if you want. I just think that
people here are clever enough to understand what's behind those so
called "technologies". Which most "usual" people apparently don't realize.

I'd say only one thing more on this topic : "All that is necessary for
the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." − Edmund Burke (at
least it is said to be from him)