standalone markdown

mike mikereape at onetel.com
Thu Dec 13 17:40:39 EST 2012

Hi

Is it possible to run Markdown the app standalone, that is, not as part
of a webserver. So the model would be write a file in Markdown and then
use the Markdown app to convert the file into (x)html for local browsing
in a browser.

I want to learn Markdown before I have to go through the pain of setting
up a webserver. I have been trying to get jetty working on Fedora 16
but keep getting errors. For the moment I would just need a webserver
on my development machine that the Internet doesn't see.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
Mike