easiest markdown to PDF conversion

Nicole C ncat999 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:11:09 EST 2012

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite way to convert markdown to PDF. I'm looking for the easiest, most straightforward option.

>From what I've gathered, the method needs to include something like LaTeX in order to have it paginate correctly, so I'll need to install that as well. Is this correct? When I've used the simple export-to-PDF options in Marked, MMD Composer, or Byword, I get one document that is a single, super long page. I think the other formatting from theme has converted correctly, though, like fonts & colors.

I see that there are a few drag and drop conversion tools, but unfortunately those don't seem to include a PDF option. Are my only options to use a Terminal-based tool? I'd prefer not to use Terminal (but realize I may not have a choice), but that's only because I use it so rarely I have to relearn the commands and how to navigate between directories each time. I know, I should be embarrassed to admit that, but Terminal is just not in my normal life's typical workflow!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

--
Nicole C