A bug or an undocumented feature?

Spencer Wysinger swysinger at tivo.com
Mon Jan 2 09:49:08 EST 2012

I went and looked at the report and am sad to see that people always use that "remaining pure to Markdown.pl" argument. :(

I'd like to find a single person who *depends* on peculiarities like that and not just anticipates and intentionally works around them when authoring their documents.

It's stuff like that which makes it hard to sell Markdown to some of my colleagues. IMHO, as places like Stackoverflow and GitHub implement "non-pure" Markdown parsers that actually work how every person knows it should work, the better off we'll all be. Think of all the time saved not having to explain this over and over. :)

Spencer