Inline HTML link and mailto: link

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chyavana at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:43:08 EST 2012

On Saturday 14 January 2012 12:05 AM, David Chambers wrote:

> How are em-dashes and en-dashes handled in Markdown?

> You can include Unicode characters in Markdown documents, so go ahead

> and use the actual characters if you want to. On OS X, ⌥- produces an en

> dash and ⇧⌥- an em dash.

> Many Markdown implementations offer extensions which allow "--" to be

> used to represent an en dash and "---" to represent an em dash.

Thank you.

I was hoping for the second solution above that is also used in LaTeX.

I tried downloading SmartyPants but that seems to need Moveable Type to
work, if I have understood it correctly.

I have also downloaded and installed libtext-typography-perl which
claims to be "a thin wrapper for John Gruber's SmartyPants plugin for
various CMSs" but I do not know where SmartyPants.pl should reside for
this synergy to happen.

TIA.

Chandra