Trouble with parentheses in Markdown hyperlinks

Alan Hogan contact at alanhogan.com
Wed Oct 17 21:40:59 EDT 2012

Andrew,

I love your enthusiasm.

I do have to warn you, however. While a number of maintainers have gone to great lengths to maximize interoperability, there *is* no BDFL (benevolent dictator for life) and there *is* no consensus on a number if issues, ambiguities, and extensions.

While most maintainers would *love* a big "multi-dingus" and exhaustive wiki, no one has committed to the effort of setting up and maintaining those; and not ever implementation maintainer would contribute.

I know you ended up here after noticing a quirk on another website, so I don’t expect you to be that person, but I think the community *would* appreciate such a wiki and/or multi-dingus. Just be warned it will not be an easy or quick project!