Trouble with parentheses in Markdown hyperlinks

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 24 22:25:17 EDT 2012

+++ Andrew Pennebaker [Oct 18 12 09:52 ]:

> What I'm saying here is that relying on 3rd parties solutions while a

> very cheap (or even free) VPS would be sufficient is asking for

> unnecessary trouble.

> I agree that we should opt for convenient, preferably free hosting.

> I don't mean to start a technical argument about "static" vs "dynamic"

> web pages. What I'm trying to convey is that GitHub, while an

> incredibly easy CMS, only supports static web pages, not wikis, which

> require a running system that can modify a database for wiki edits.

Github has wikis for each project.
Example: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki

You'd only have to create a 'markdown' project, which needn't have
anything in it but a README.markdown file with a link to the wiki.
Anyone with a github account could edit the wiki.
This seems far easier than any of the other proposals.