Styling Markdown approaches

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:18:15 EDT 2013

There is a babel markdown web site that you can see how various dialects
convert markup.

The only html I use in on my website now is the <div> tag, usually with a
class or ID. This controls my layout. MMD has sufficient table handling
for my purposes.

So for me, my MD looks like this:

# This is a title
## And a subtitle underneath it.

This is intoductory text on my page

<DIV class=picr4>

![Image alternate text](http://path/to/Image)

caption to the image above, explaining it's relevance to the main text

***

Class picr4 is styled to float right, and be 40% of the width of the
container. I have a half dozen classes. Caption text is styled with
.picr4 p { so that it is visually distinct from the body text

So far I've not found much else that I need.

****

I don't think you want to make changes insitu. However take a look at
stackexchange.com They use a subset of MD as their site markup language
for user replies, and they compose MD in one window and display it in
another. It's a good way to do this for interactive use.

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests

Sherwood Botsford
Sherwood's Forests -- http://Sherwoods-Forests.com