'_' in the middle of a word

Fletcher Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Thu Jul 4 10:56:40 EDT 2013

Stick around. You'll learn. ;)

The "official" Markdown definition doesn't really exist. There is the syntax description that Gruber wrote, and the Markdown.pl implementation that he wrote. Those are as close to an official definition as exists. But according to his interview on [Systematic], it was not necessarily intended to be a completely defined syntax, and rather is intended to be a bit loose.

In either case, the perl script and syntax guide have not been updated in 6+ years.

F-

[Systematic]: http://5by5.tv/systematic/50

On Jul 4, 2013, at 10:47 AM, ST <smntov at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the arguments of those who do not want to introduce such a

> change?

> It would be nice to make a part of the official Markdown definition then

> all implementation will display this in the same way.

> ST

> On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 16:16 +0200, Lasar Liepins wrote:

>> On 2013-07-04, at 16:06, ST <smntov at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> I recently started to use Markdown and I really enjoy it. There is only

>>> one thing that bothers me - '_' in the middle of a word. For example

>>> some_file_name.txt will display "file" italicized which is annoying. Why