ordered lists: type lower alpha?

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:19:47 EDT 2013

Generalization: Do what you can in CSS.

A very useful addition IMHO would be something like this:

::Foo::

which would be translated for purposes of HTML as
<DIV class="Foo">

The occurrance of another

::BAR::

would result in
</DIV>
<DIV class="BAR">

But :::BAR::: wouldn't close the previous DIV.

A small variation could do id= instead of class=

DIVs are natural containers for CSS style elements, where you want to
change the way something is presented.

(I'm not wedded to the colon marker. It probably conflicts with something,
but it sees fairly unobtrusive, and hence in line with the transparency
goal of MD)

This has the downside, that it would be difficult to translate to LaTeX.
But does *anything* do MDD+CSS => LaTeX?

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests

Sherwood Botsford
Sherwood's Forests -- http://Sherwoods-Forests.com