map syntax

Дмитрий Киселев dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 04:55:48 EDT 2013

Hi everybody.

I want to implement web map posting syntax for markdown.
There is the project which do that for some forum engines
http://mapbbcode.org/

May be I do that as a plugin (not everybody needs post maps in their md
documents)

So I want to discuss a format for thous maps.

For forum bb code it's looks like

[map=zoom,lon,lat]features; separated; by; semicolons(with, optional,
parameters)[/map]

=zoom,lon,lat and features are optional.
If there is no zoom - map will fit features, if there is no features map
will be
centered on lon lat with zoom level.
If there is no features ether zoom and map center - there will be default
world map.

So how about this

map[zoom,lon,lat]features; separated; by; semicolons(with, optional,
parameters)

I'm not good in md, and don't know what will be the best syntax for maps.

--
Best Regards
dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com