markdown considered harmful

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Fri Nov 22 15:14:10 EST 2013

As a newcomer to this list, I must have missed what the message is about.

I love that post. I'm extremely grateful for the categories and the analysis.

I have my own itch for long-form and compound-organized markdowns for application to Literate Programming without the target-specific markup (i.e., neither TeX nor XML nor leaking HTML-isms).

You may have saved me a ton of work. But one thing I do know: the format will have to be explicitly identifiable and versioned.

Thanks for the great read.