[ANN] vfmd

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.ca
Fri Sep 27 10:36:48 EDT 2013

Le 27-sept.-2013 à 9:04, Roopesh Chander <roop at forwardbias.in> a écrit :

> Because this is how the syntax is defined (which is not hard or unintuitive

> to follow for a user), there's no need to worry about a TAB character being

> interpreted as 1-4 spaces based on it's position. If the user inserted a

> TAB immediately after the bullet character, he is expected to do that for

> all the list items anyway.

> *\tlist 1 item 1

> * list 1 item 2

> The above too shall be interpreted as two lists.

Ok, but what about this:

*\tlist 1 item 1
* list 1 item 2

They will both look unaligned in your editor (unless you set your editor to 5 spaces per tab (who does this?)), but they'll be in same list because because you're interpreting spaces differently from the editor.

And what about this:

*\titem 1 paragraph 1

\titem 1 paragraph 2

Also, what happens within code blocks? (I haven't checked your algorithm for code blocks, but if you change tabs to four spaces you're going to get strange results for any code block with tabs in them not a the beginning of the line.)

michel.fortin at michelf.ca
http://michelf.ca