Github-style fenced code blocks

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Fri Sep 27 09:54:11 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-27 07:48 -0400 Michel Fortin wrote:

> Of course, now Github also supports tilde for fenced code blocks. But

> their documentation only mention the backtick-based syntax.

> <https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown>

> If take a look at Babelmark 2, it seems that most implementations

> supporting one also support the other.

> <http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=```php%0Asome+php+code%0A```%0A>

> <http://johnmacfarlane.net/babelmark2/?normalize=1&text=~~~php%0Asome+php+code%0A~~~%0A>

> I wondered if some of you have any opinion to share on this.

kramdown doesn't explicitly support the Github-style fenced code
blocks. There were also many requests to implement it but this will not
happen in kramdown (at least for version 1.0).

kramdown now has a separate parser based on the kramdown parser which
has some GFM adaptions like this one.

So +1 from me if you decide to not implement it.

-- Thomas