now let's take another step forward

Gerald Bauer gerald.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:41:14 EDT 2014

Hello,

   Thanks for your comments.

> what i really want the most is to download just the .html file,
> and have it work correctly, without requiring any other files.
> which means bundling all those other files into the .html file.
> that is certainly do-able, but it weighs in at 190k with jquery.
> in an age of 1meg webpages, that's relatively lean, yes, but
> it would be even better if we can take it down in size a little.

   I'd say using a webcomponent (custom HTML element) with an HTML
import should get you (almost) there. The page source looks like:

  <head>
    <link rel="import" href="x-markdown.html>
  </head>

   <!-- side-by-side markdown editor; new "custom" element, that is ,
web component -->
   <x-markdown>
      ## heading two

      a paragrah etc.
    </x-markdown>

  You only need one shared html dependency, that is, x-markdown.html
(that will include the markdown processor in js, styles in css, markup
in html for textarea etc. all inline) that way you keep your "content"
page super lightweight (see above) can save it and pass it around as
you please.

  Cheers.