markdown/commonmark document specification concept

mofo syne mofosyne at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 19:11:45 EST 2014

So what's the potential scope for each file type. Here is some to think of.

##`.md`

**scope: simple no frill container of text with simple markups**

* Simple documentation
* Simple Resumes
* Application specific files
 * Internal text (e.g. text in a game)
 * Wiki (backups of wikis)
 * Static Site Generators (like Jekyll)

##`.mdoc`:

**scope: relatively more complicated but more capable as a stand alone
single document with embedded/linked stylesheet**

* Stand alone resume
* Invoice
* Orders
* Forms
* email backup without attachments (or at least encoded in base 64)

## `.mdocz`:

**scope: A full document container ( a website in a box ), capable of being
displayed in many formats, e.g. pdf/html/mobile/etc...**

* Portafolio
* eBooks
* Articles with images
* Ezines
* Instruction Manuals
* Choose your adventure stories
* documented codes
 * E.g. code documentations in research, where python snippets are stored
in the /code/ folder
* manpage
* An email backup along with it's attachments and metadata