text/markdown effort in IETF (invite)

Sean Leonard dev+ietf at seantek.com
Wed Jul 9 11:49:21 EDT 2014

Hi markdown-discuss Folks:

I am working on a Markdown effort in the Internet Engineering Task
Force, to standardize on "text/markdown" as the Internet media type for
all variations of Markdown content. You can read my draft here:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-text-markdown-media-type-00>.

The proposal is already getting traction. Is there anyone on this list
that is interested in participating or helping this effort? In
particular we need to better understand and document what versions of
Markdown exist, so that either Markdown as a family of informal syntaxes
will start to converge, or if not, that Markdown variations have an easy
way to be distinguished from one another. (See the "flavor" parameter
discussed in the draft.)

The draft is currently being discussed on apps-discuss at ietf.org.

Kind regards,

Sean Leonard