text/markdown effort in IETF (invite)

Waylan Limberg waylan.limberg at icloud.com
Wed Jul 9 16:54:27 EDT 2014

I think this comment [1] by Gruber on the mailing list in the past can shed
some light on what the spec is (is it markdown.pl, the syntax rules on
daringfireball.net, some mashup of various implementations, or something
else?). According to Gruber, it is the syntax rules and that's it. If that
is not "good enough" to get a mime-type, then I don’t think there is
anything else we can do.

[1]:
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2008-February/001001.html