Links in Code Blocks

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:57:31 EDT 2014

Considering that one of the features of Code Blocks is that they can be
used to display markdown syntax in its original source, the answer would be
no. There is no way to have markdown syntax interpreted inside a code block.

This would be one of those things that you would need to do with raw HTML
as others have already demonstrated.

Waylan

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014, Tom Maynard <tom at maynard.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to have a live hyperlink *inside* a \`\`\`Code Block\`\`\`?

> Something like:

> ```markdown

> This code block contains an embedded [hyperlink](http://en.

> wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperlink). Is it possible to render it as an active

> link instead of source?

> ```

> I realize that Markdown support already exists, but it doesn't work. And,

> I also realize that what I'm asking for is diametrically opposed to what a

> Code Block is meant to be (even one with syntax highlighting. It's a

> "WYSIWYG" functionality, and I'm trying to circumvent it (at least

> partially).

> Is there a way?

Waylan Limberg