Using fragment identifiers with Markdown docs

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Fri Oct 24 17:07:47 EDT 2014

 > So that a Markdown editor could scroll to the right content.

Do any such editors exist?  It seems to me that the way to approach this
is to build such an editor and offer the feature.  If people like it,
other editors may be built to offer the feature as well.  If not, it
probably wouldn't take off.

MultiMarkdown (and others) already offer automatic label generation (for
HTML, LaTeX, others) that allow "linking" within the output document.
I'm not aware of any editors that do this (directly) on the raw text
side, but MultiMarkdown Composer (and others) offer the Table of
Contents approach, and Composer allows you to accurately synchronize
scrolling between the HTML and raw text, so internal links can be used
to navigate the document already.

F-