"Standard Markdown" renames to CommonMark

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:17:49 EDT 2014

On Saturday, September 06, 2014 08:11 AM, Alan Hogan wrote:
> I'm sure most of you will see this anyway, but as of the last hour or
> so, "Standard Markdown" has been renamed to CommonMark (or Common
> Markdown — there is some ambiguity).
>
> <http://commonmark.org/>
>
> See also Atwood’s blog post:
> <http://blog.codinghorror.com/standard-markdown-is-now-common-markdown/>
>
> Alan Hogan

Hi,

How about CommonMarkD / Common MarkD (pronounced "mark-dee"). An
indication of the heritage with the original markdown; and no confusion
with the now defunct Deutsch Mark. Who knows when it may resurrect? :-)

Just my 2 cents as a user and really appreciate all the work that so
many people put into it, in particular John MacFarlane.

Best regards,
ST