Free Markdown WYSIWYG editor

mofo syne mofosyne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:15:53 EDT 2014

Hmmm... have you considered a "magnification view"? I remember seeing
in mobile phones where you can type more precisely with a miniature
magnifying glass.

Got me thinking, it would be nice to have a mode called "markdown
peek" where the current line you are typing is in unformatted
markdown.

If that seems too much, then restrict the "markdown peek" to a few words ahead.

This would allow you to have a general overview of the document, and
the ability to modify the document like word, but also the ability to
modify it as if it was markdown. It's kind of like the fusion between
the "markdown panel | html view" you see in many editors.

Main objective would be to allow beginners to it as a typical
wordprocesser, but be able to know what's going on intuitively by
bringing the "markdown peek" cursor over the section they are curious
about. This is similar to the OLPC laptop OS which allows children to
see the code behind each UI interface.