Original Markdown.pl v1.0.1 Script (Anno 2004) Unzipped and Archived for Easy Browsing on Github

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 10:47:55 EDT 2017

Hi Gerald,

* Gerald Bauer <gerald.bauer at gmail.com> [2017-03-20 14:48]:
> Anyone knows if the original Markdown.pl [1] script by John Gruber
> has a home on GitHub (or similar service) for easy browsing?

some time ago I set up a repo which has each Markdown.pl release as
a commit on master: https://github.com/ap/Markdown

Or rather, every release I could still find. The release tarballs and
zips are all committed in the `sources` branch, together with a script
to generate the `master` branch history from them, plus a README to
explain the whole conceit: https://github.com/ap/Markdown/tree/sources

I have been intending to ping John about this, as well as to put out
a public call for anyone who happens to still have other releases,
but that hasn’t happened yet. Nevertheless, what’s there is at least
a start.

Regards,