No subject

Tue Dec 29 08:20:31 EST 2009

Party officials said the likely choice for vice president
is Erin Brockovich, a consumer activist and
investigator for a California law firm. She had no
comment.

Morgen D'Arc writes: What I'd really like to know is what
party officials gave this information to the reporter?
I organized my state's Presidential Questionnaire over a
year ago for the PEC and my own contribution was Erin
Brockovich. She was my first choice and I believe she tied
in my state for 1st place with Ralph Nader. I spent a fair
amount of time researching her and her contact information
and wrote a sizable blurb about her, all of which was
submitted to the PEC. When I saw she didn't make it onto
the short list, I talked to Jane Hunter who said numerous
attempts to contact her yielded no response. I asked Jane
to keep me posted about Erin, but I heard nothing more. And
I've seen no mention of Erin being contacted or giving a
response in anything relating to our Party's (PEC) search
in any material anyplace, on the CC list or anywhere
internally or externally. How suddendly does a reporter
come up with such a definite statement about such an
important National Green Party potential candidate position
without the CC knowing and without me knowing, as I've
really been keen and on the alert for Erin's response?!
During the months, I have also informally asked various PEC
members what the status was with Erin, and received the
same information or a totally "don't know" response.

Long before I officially submitted Erin's name as a
potential candidate to my state and to the PEC, at least a
year before, I was considering trying to contact her myself
to see where she stood and even try to find out if she is
Green or sympathetic. After I officially submitted her to
the PEC, however, I felt it would be inappropriate for me
to do so. But when they said they weren't able to contact
her, I got frustrated and wished I had tried to do so
myself. I do not see what the problem is in getting ahold
of her. She is a very public and seemingly responsive
figure and holds the directorship of a department in a
large law firm. I gave full contact information including
phone number, address and webpage of where she worked,
including the name of the company and her position.

Would party officials who gave this information to the
reporter please reveal yourselves and why you thought the
internal leaders and highest authority in the Green Party
and the body that is legally responsible and accountable
should learn about such information via a newspaper
article??

Jane, could you shed some light on this? And could you give
me the official update on Erin Brockovitch who was an
officially submitted tied-in-first-place name for Green
Party candidate for president in 2004 from Maine in the
PEC's 2002 Presidential Questionnaire survey?

If others on the CC want to know my research on Erin and
what I wrote and submitted, I could post it here if you
want.

If Ralph Nader runs again, I couldn't think of a better
running mate for him. When I heard her speak for the
National Press Club and some other interviews and research,
I couldn't help thinking of her as a female Ralph Nader.
The two of them would blaze on the national scene like
nothing this country has ever seen before.

Morgen D'Arc
USGP-Maine Delegate

--- Ginny-Marie Case <ginnycase at greens.org> wrote:

> I saw this on the CA listserve. There's a whole lot of

> text here that

> doesn't add up.

Published on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 by USA Today

23% of Voters in Poll say Nader Should Run in 2004
by Tom Squitieri

Nearly one in four voters want Ralph Nader to run for
president in 2004, according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll
released Tuesday. The poll found that 23% of those surveyed
said Nader should run in 2004; 66% said he shouldn't.

Poll numbers may not translate into votes, but a
surprised Nader said the numbers show that "people are
looking for alternatives to the Democratic and
Republican duopoly."

Rest of article deleted.