No subject

Tue Dec 29 08:20:31 EST 2009

And while I also feel some excitement in seeing Greens come forward to help spread our message, I can also understand Ralph not wanting to enter a "hotly contested" green primary. I have a real difficult time trying to conjure up a vision of Ralph debating David and Lorna and ...Carol? and...

Thanks too, Marnie, for volunteering to be the 1 yr. SC member. I hope you will run again.

GoGreens,
Julia
Florida

"Marnie Glickman" <glickman at lclark.edu> wrote:

>Dear CC,

>Today I returned from a two week vacation.  It will take me a while to catch

>up on my email reading and many more days to respond.  In the meantime, I

>want to share a few things with you:

>* I urge you to vote for the budget.

>Under our current structure, we, the CC, are responsible for the day-to-day

>management of the national party's budget.  We are ultimately responsible

>for raising the money and evaluating our expenditures.  We have a duty to

>more than 300,000 Greens around the country and our donors to pass a budget

>so that they can know roughly how we spend the contributions that we raise.

>This duty has been adopted by the CC in our party's fiscal policy.

>When making your decision on the 2004 budget, I recommend that you keep in

>mind that the CC created the finance and fundraising committees to

>specialize in our party's financial affairs because we knew that all CC

>members cannot possibly become experts in all areas of the party operations.

>I hope that you will grant some respect and some credence to the proposals

>brought to you by two of your committees.

>Please vote for the budget because it is the most realistic one that the

>finance committee can come up with.  We spent four months designing it.  We

>carefully examined the expense projections.   For better or worse, we have

>committed to having an office in DC (I think for worse) and have hired more

>staff and consultants than we can probably afford.  That means we are

>obligated to spend whatever it takes to create a professional, well-equipped

>office, even if we don't have the money, or if the money would be best spent

>in other ways.

>Please vote for the budget because it contains the most realistic

>fundraising projections that the fundraising committee could create.  I have

>raised more than $10 million in my political career.  I have designed dozens

>of fundraising plans for national campaigns.  This is the best, most

>realistic plan that is possible for the party.  One important thing you may

>not be able to see by looking at the numbers is that this fundraising plan

>makes a significant financial investment in the future of our party.  We

>have hired an excellent new fundraiser who has the skills and commitment to

>guide a healthy, growing development department over the next four years and

>beyond.  We plan to significantly improve our direct mail program by hiring

>a professional direct mail firm that can help us double the number of our

>donors that contribute to the party over the next year and increase the

>activity of our current donors.  As many of you know, the net income is not

>the only important way to evaluate the health of a fundraising program.  We

>must also look at the number of donors and the amount of donor activity.

>* I will take the 1 year SC term.

>The SC has failed to decide how to deal with the one year term because we

> [...]

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.