[MCR] AA Col, Mt. Athabasca, Jasper Park - August 4, 2010

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Aug 6 10:06:25 EDT 2010

Good travel on August 4th on the way to the AA Col on August 4th. +7 at the
campground at 03:30 with clear sky, and a hard freeze making for fast travel
on crampons on firm snow. We turned back below the AA Col as my client was
feeling ill. Looks like an easy bergshrund crossing right now and the top
of the AA Col on the Athabasca side is just starting to melt down to ice.
Photo attached shows the Athabasca and the Andromeda sides of the AA Col

Report of very hard snow on the ramp route by a fellow guide, good fast
travel with one client.

Jordy Shepherd
ACMG / IFMGA Mountain Guide
www.PeakAlpine.com