[MCR] Edith Cavell Aug 17

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Aug 18 09:29:12 EDT 2010

Up East ridge yesterday during probably the smokiest day around here
in a while. Route is in good shape with dry rock in all but a few
gullies near the top.

Though we didn't use crampons, the west side snow patch is getting a
bit icy which might require them in the next little while. However if
it continues warm this patch may melt out. Ice axes are needed for
the last bit to the summit. As well if it cools off crampons might be
needed along the summit ridge
Still good water source at base of East ridge.

I don't think it is going to be one of those summers where Cavell
ends up bone dry.

A final thank you to a Mr Kevin McLane who while down climbing the
crux on the east ridge help get my partners stuck foot out of a crack...!

Peter Amann

Peter Amann
Mountain Guide
pamann at incentre.net