[MCR] Brewers, Castle Mountain, Rockies, August 28, 2010

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Aug 28 21:20:03 EDT 2010

Spent the day climbing Ultra Brewers and Brewers Buttress on Castle Mountain.
Rock was dry and the routes were both in good shape.  We did see a fair bit of
rockfall out of some steep shaded gullies as the day warmed up.  Something to
watch for as the snow comes and goes.  Cool enough that we were happy to
have our long-johns on, but warm enough to enjoy the climbing.  A few rain
showers starting as we got back to the car.

No obvious water sources near the hut that we could see today.

Snow stayed on the N aspects of everything we saw today, but did not appear
to be more than a few cm's thick.

Enjoy the fall climbing!
 Cheers, Conrad Janzen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide