[MCR] Murchison Falls, Icefields Parkway, December 15, 2010

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 15 23:41:31 EST 2010

Guided Murchison Falls today with Elizabeth and Al.  The climb is in good
condition with a few chandelier's to work through on the upper pitches but nice
climbing and decent protection throughout.  Good belay caves as well right
now.  A couple of daggers are hanging on the far left and far right of the climb
at the top which might be worth watching if the sun comes out or the temps
change quickly.

The "But My Daddy's a Psycho" variation looks like it is in, "Virtual Reality"
is decidedly not in.
A good trail is in place and only 15-20cm of snow in the valley which makes for
a nice approach.

Moderate to strong SW winds in the alpine all day today, so I would imagine
there was a lot of wind loading going on in nearby areas with more snow.
Cheers, Conrad Janzen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
www.banffmountainguides.com