[MCR] Rogers Pass: Connaught

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Dec 18 23:07:05 EST 2010

In the Connaught valley today and had a good view of most of that
area's ski zones from the south side of Balu Pass.

No signs of recent avalanche activity in this valley or on MacDonald
W Shoulder paths.

In the alpine the south and west aspects have seen some past wind
effect and there were areas of crust. Today strong winds from the
north on the mountain tops and highest ridges reversed the normal
light winds.

All the regular lines big and small were getting skied. And some not
so regular lines. Lots of tracks and I bet there were close to two
score of skiers in the Connaught zones today.

Reports of good skiing on Video Peak. We had good turns off Balu even
with skinny skis and having clacked our way up there with Alpine
Trekkers. "Better than Quebec".

Talked on the radio with guides who were in the Dome Col area. No
conditions report from that area though.

Mark Klassen