[MCR] Rockies, Lacy Gibbet

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Dec 21 16:53:34 EST 2010

Climbed Lacy Gibbet in the Ghost River yesterday with my friend,
Juan. Seems the best approach to the valley is to go towards
Malignant Mushroom and follow the riverbed through the first and
second Ghost Lakes from there.

The climb is in great shape overall with some trace of one previous
ascent this season. Dry ice and dry rock, little snow. The final
pillar is a bit spooky being about the width of my Subaru Outback if
you stood it on it's bumper, but it should get bigger as there is
water raining down both sides. Felt like true grade V with ok screws
if you hunt for them.

The Fountainhead broke off and isn't there right now. Looked like The
Rad Monster should be there but I couldn't see the whole cllmb.

Thanks to Marco for digging out the ditch that we drove through with
no problems (high clearance good there), and to my fellow guides,
Simon and James, who decided to head to the Fist and Fang when they
caught up to us at Marco's ditch with Lacy Gigget also on their agenda.

Happy trails
and Merry Christmas

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com