[MCR] fragile daggers and pillars

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 30 22:03:51 EST 2010

Today Lilla Molnar and I observed a class 2 ice avalanche over top of
upper weeping pillar as we were approaching. This originated from
daggers near the top of the climb on the left side. There are still
daggers on the climbers right side, although they appear (from a
distance) to be attached to the rock. The debris piled at the base of
the climb.
It was -24ºC when we left the car at the weeping wall at 9 am. The sun
was on the climbs in that area from 10:30 - 3pm.

I also heard that the French Maid pillar snapped off last night, -16ºC
at the road early this morning in that area.

Take care out there and be wary of overhead daggers and pillars.

Jen

jen olson

acmg/ifmga mountain guide

Jen at jenolson.ca