[MCR] Glacier Gulch ice (Bulkley Valley)

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Dec 31 19:54:55 EST 2010

Lucas Holtzman and I climbed an unnamed line in the trees on the
climber's right side of Glacier Gulch. The main falls are in and look
great, but we did not go underneath the 1800 vertical metres of shallow
cold wind affected snow above them. There was no evidence of recent
avalanche activity. It was -11 all day and the ice fairly brittle, but
thick. We recommend to leave avalanche exposed terrain of the scale to
be found in Glacier Gulch alone for now. There is a lot of good ice
without that.

--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger
IFMGA/ UIAGM Mountain Guide - Bear Mountaineering and the Burnie Glacier Chalet