[MCR] Weeping wall

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 18 19:11:24 EST 2010

Guided Weeping Wall to day 4 of the Hot Ice Yamnuska Mountain Adventures program.

Below the wall -14 in the shade at 08:00 and a warm +10 in the sun by mid day.

We climbed a line just right of "left side". The ice is generally good but care must be taken as the slab is really starting to detach. Water is running at the top and care must be taken when getting over to the last pitches. The rock is covered in some thin ice in sections and poor steep "since" in others. In the morning cold the section in question settled 6 times during my lead!!

On an other note, given the number of threads around the wall, i would like to remind folks that a bomber rap line rigged for 60m raps can be found on the climbers far right. It starts of a Large 1/2 chain on a tree. subsequent raps are found climbers right between 55 and 60m (3 total).

Winds were also blowing at ridge top but not too much loose to move around.

Cheers

Patrick Delaney
ACMG Alpine Guide
403 688 6003
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
Albert Einstein