[MCR] Curtain Call

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Feb 20 20:30:04 EST 2010

Headed up Curtain call today.

The route is in amazing shape..great trail, dry climbing and super steep with perfect gear on 90% of the route. We Climbed a 35degree overhanging mushroom for three body lengths on fantastic screws. The crux pitch is a bit touchy with less than ideal gear and some big daggers close by but you can get a bunch of screws before going over the roof and the lightly overhanging section that follows.

Memorable day with fine views of Mt Cromwell.

In its current state...i think its the gem of the season.

Temperatures never got warmer than -10 until we returned to the sun.

We watched several size 1 to 2 avalanches off rocky shallow south facing terrain on our return drive (13:00).

Cheers.

Patrick Delaney
ACMG Alpine Guide
403 688 6003
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
Albert Einstein