[MCR] Wicked Wanda, The Ghost, Canadian Rockies Front Range (Feb 24)

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Feb 24 18:33:39 EST 2010

Wicked Wanda, The Ghost, Canadian Rockies Front Range (Feb 24)

The temperature was at or above zero Celsius all day in the Ghost.
Despite warm conditions, the route was bone dry (not even a drip).
Both pitches are very hooked out making it feel more like drytooling
than ice climbing. My only concern is the massive ice blob/mushroom
directly above the bolted chain anchor in the cave. Right now this
intimidating feature is well glued to the rock but as the season
progresses and days get warmer it is something to consider. I wouldn't
want to hang out under it belaying if it was dripping or appeared
detached.

Sean Isaac
ACMG Alpine Guide