[MCR] Tryst Lake Jan 7th

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jan 8 11:43:34 EST 2010

Hello,

Spent yesterday skiing at Tryst Lake in K-Country.

The avalanche bulletin provided an accurate picture for this area. We found no slab development in the recent storm snow but the buried surface hoar was very easy to see 20 cm down. Winds from the SW had began to blow by the end of the day as forecasted.

Many of the main lines have been heavily skied, most likely breaking up the surface hoar, but I would be cautious with being exposed to or venturing into previously unskied terrain in the area as slab development occurs.

Ski quality was good in untracked snow and much like skiing at the ski hill everywhere else.

Jesse de Montigny
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures
ACMG Ski Guide
ACMG Assistant Alpine Guide