[MCR] Surprise Pass

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 17 21:23:10 EST 2010

While heading to the Chateau Lake Louise today to have tea with my elderly auntie I ran into two friends who had toured across the lake and up the valley far enough where they were able to look up at Surprise Pass. They said a large avalanche had pulled out high on the slope skiers left of the main slope, propagated across the main slope to the skiers right side and ran to the valley bottom. They didn't specify size but sounds like a 2.5 at least.

They thought it had been recent and said it covered up some tracks .... yesterdays? Hopefully not todays tracks!

Julie