[MCR] Oh Le Tabernac

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jan 26 23:13:55 EST 2010

We were the first of two parties on Oh Le Tabernac today, Jan 26. The
climb hadn't seen much traffic, if any, before today. Chandeliery ice
for 25 meters, finding good screws a challenge. That section should
be easier now with the passage of 5 climbers. The top 25 meters from
the bolted anchors on the right side of the route was good, solid,
steep ice. A curtain of ice right of the route sheared off when the
sun swung around in the morning. We were careful not to belay, or
hang out, under any hangers.

We walked up to Whoa Whoa Capitaine and Le Miserables but were too
late in the day with too much sun and ice pieces falling from the
sides. Bum slid down, rappeled, and walked away.

UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
http://www.barryblanchard.ca
barryb3 at telus.net
1 403 609 4615