[MCR] Mt. Sir Douglas

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 6 22:11:01 EDT 2010

Made an attempt on the SE face route today with fellow guide and friend
P.Hungr. We found up to 35cm of windpressed snow 2500m and above. We
traveled up the lower slopes below the couloir and easily crossed the
multiple schrunds before turning around at 0830. Large cornices still
threaten the SE face and things were warming up too quickly for our
liking.

No melt freeze apparant. Crevasses still well covered, no sagging.

If the warm forecast holds true for the next few days, I would not want to be on this route.

Kristopher Irwin
A.C.M.G. Assistant Alpine Guide
Banff, Alberta