[MCR] Bugaboos

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jul 16 23:13:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have just returned from a great trip in the Bugaboos (July 13-16). We walked in on the 13th during the tail end of the recent storm which deposited up to 10cm of fresh snow in the spires. The 14th dawned with sunny skies and the snow melted quickly. We climbed on the Crescent Towers and found warm dry rock. Another guided party climbed the Kain route on Bugaboo and reported 10cm of new snow up high that had melted by the time they had made their descent. On the 15th we climbed the NE ridge on Bugaboo spire and found great conditions. There is a fair bit more snow from the col to the start of the 5.8 pitch that would be exciting if the snow was hard and you had decided to leave your crampons behind. Only a minor amount of snow was found in the chimneys but nothing that slowed you down. The B/S col is in excellent condition with snow from top to bottom.

Over all great conditions in there right now!!

Jesse de Montigny
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures
ACMG Ski and Assistant Alpine Guide