[MCR] Mt. Sir Donald - Rogers Pass - Selkirk Mtns. July 20/2010

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 21 00:07:37 EDT 2010

I had an inquiry regarding conditions on Sir Donald - I was up Avalanche
crest today and had a peek at the N. Side of the NW ridge of Sir Donald.

The ridge crest looks snow free but once on the North side there is still
snow on the ledges. Upper West face bypass still In snow condition. I
couldn't see the approach slopes to the Sir Donald Uto col, but I would
expect to still encounter snow crossing on the upper moraines.

Weather wise we saw some buildup of clouds and some isolated showers
floating about this afternoon but no thunder boomers so far.

One other comment, the winged vampires (otherwise known as mosquitoes)
,became rather prevalent once we reached upper treeline (about 6500ft.) - so
you may want to consider some bug protection.

I hope that helps anyone planning a trip there in the near future - of
course with this heat things are changing daily.

Cheers,

Scott Davis,