[MCR] Rockies, Mt Lefroy, Mt Victoria South Summit

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jul 24 09:56:51 EDT 2010

Guided Mt Lefroy from Abbot Pass on July 22nd, the route is about as
good as it gets -good step kicking all the way to within a couple of
ropelengths from the top, then there are a few ice strips and
patches. Watched a determined recreational party, we'll call them Big
Jim and his sidekick, Wayne, go to the top of Victoria via the South
Ridge that day. They were gunning for Huber, and the ledges, and I
can only assume that they were Victorious (gotta love that pun!).

July 23rd my guest and I climbed to the South Summit of Victoria
(just before the Sickle). Snow and ice patches make the route a bit
of a chore right now but it will only get better with the forecasted
heat, as Lefroy gets icier. Amazing brockenspectre on Victoria that day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocken_spectre

UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
http://www.barryblanchard.ca
http://www.yamnuska.com