[MCR] Wilcox peak and north to Jasper

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jun 8 18:17:22 EDT 2010

Went up Wilcox peak yesterday as it was forecast for rain and wanted
a peak fairly straight forward. I have been up here many times this
time of year and it seems above 2300 metres things seem more snowy
than usual. Wilcox was quite snow covered for most of the upper
route, making for a nice climb on snow. Travel on snow was not great
as there was not a good freeze and it got quite "punchy" where it was
thigh deep or less (I measured it a number of times!)

Still seems like a lot of snow in Wilcox pass and most depressions
are still snowbound. Up to 10cm on Wilcox over the day and new snow
was noted on most of the peaks in the area.

Driving home to Jasper took a few shots of the peaks in the area..

Peter Amann

Peter Amann
Mountain Guide
pamann at incentre.net