[MCR] Rockies, Mt Athabasca

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jun 26 19:51:20 EDT 2010

Guided the AA Col on Mt Athabasca today with my fellow guide, Pat
Delaney. An overnight freeze provided good travel, overall, on a
supportive crust. We descended the North Glacier "Ramp" route. The
new serac at the east end of the ramp looks like it may have more
calving to do (it's calved twice in the last 3-4 weeks).

Other parties climbed the Silverhorn today, and Skyladder on Mt
Andromeda (I think, we saw them on the approach and descent). Also
saw tracks going up the Boundary Glacier, for A2 I assume.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com