[MCR] Ice fields parkway

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Mar 12 18:30:21 EST 2010

Guided Weeping wall right side today.

The colder cloudy temperatures kept the ice well in tacked, good to climb
(read good sticks) in today's conditions but would turn rather scary under sunny skies.

As is, despite having good tool placements, we had to dig 10 to 20cm to get good screws.

The snow came down quite hard all morning for a total accumulation of approximately 20cm by 13:00. I used three pairs of gloves on the route due to the snow and occasional spindrift from the ledge above the second pitch.

The new snow made rappels touchy turning the ropes icy.

The temps reached a high of -2.

Overall tones of snow now blankets the entire Parkway from Lake Louise on with deteriorating driving conditions.

cheers

Patrick Delaney
ACMG Alpine Guide
403 688 6003
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
Albert Einstein