[MCR] Coire Dubh Integrale, Loder Peak Front range of Canadian Rockies (Mar 14)

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Mar 14 19:39:02 EDT 2010

Coire Dubh Integral, Loder Peak, Front Range of Canadian Rockies
(March 14)

As an update to Barry Blanchard's post from yesterday, Friday's snow
has melted off most of the rock and the 5.7 corner through the first
rock-band offered warm bare-handed rock climbing today (as opposed to
the "spicy" snow covered rock that Barry encountered). We kept
crampons on though as there are still slippery bits.

On the upper headwall, we opted for a variation farther left, which
provided us with enough spice--thin verglass in an offwidth. The step
kicking snow gully out right that Barry took is still holding snow and
at least one party behind us used that as their route to the ridge.

The whole face gets full sun around 8 a.m. causing small rocks and ice
chunks to fly down.

Sean Isaac
ACMG Alpine Guide