[MCR] Kananaskis / Burstall Drainage

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Mar 27 01:54:29 EDT 2010

Snowing moderately today until about 3.30 pm with temps around -3C while
playing around in the low angle, southern aspect avalanche fans above the
gravel flats on the way to Burstall Pass. Total accumulation only about 5
cms on the crust, which made for pretty decent skiing since the crust
carried on the low angle southern aspect without trees that we skied.
Moderate to strong westerly winds made for impressive wind transport at
ridgeline in the late afternoon.

By the time we left the sun was out again......

Thanks to the AB Wardens for keeping the Beacon Basin alive and powered up!

Cheers,

Jorg Wilz
Mountain Guide (ACMG / VDBS / IFMGA)

OnTop ltd.