[MCR] Rockies, Mt Yamnuska, Dreambed

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu May 13 21:42:48 EDT 2010

Climbed Dreambed on Mt Yamnuska today, May 13, with fellow guide, Rob
Owens. The climber's approach trail is dry until you get to the base
of the face. We walked through some ankle deep snow traversing to the
route. The route is in fine dry shape with the exception of the last
pitch which was dripping water. We finished via the last pitch of Red
Shirt.

There is snow on the back side of the mountai, boot-top deep whale
blubber when we hit it. We snow-scrambled down to the Devil's Right
Hand rappels and were at the base in three steep rappels (saved us
from carrying our approach shoes up the route).

Happy trails

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com